When remodeling your home, you may want to consider making cosmetic changes to the kitchen or living room. You can also consider replacing your garage door to increase the curb appeal of your property.
Steel garage doors, wood composite garage doors, fiberglass garage doors, and aluminum garage doors are just a handful of the materials available. Aside from obvious physical differences, different garage door compositions may be more suited to your budget, surroundings, and taste.
Do you want to install a wood composite garage door? Continue reading to learn about the benefits and drawbacks of wood composite garage doors in this article.
What Is Wood Composite?
A wood composite is created by combining wood fibers, plastic, and a binding agent. It is a type of natural fiber plastic composite (NFPC) that may include fillers such as pulp fibers, bamboo, and peanut hulls.
Wood composite is thick, heavy, and sturdy, making it ideal for a wide range of outdoor applications. Along with garage doors, it’s commonly used for decks, fences, window frames, siding, and other applications.
Pros of Wood Composite Garage Doors
Composite wood is an excellent garage door material due to its:
- Greater affordability: For many customers, the low cost of composite wood is the main appeal. A composite garage door costs a fraction of what a solid wood garage door would.
- Moisture resistance: Composite wood is made to be extremely heat and moisture-resistant. It will never bend, rot, shrink, or crack.
- Durability: Composite wood lasts longer than real wood because of its remarkable heat and humidity resistance.
- No staining required: If your garage door is constructed of composite wood, you will never need to stain it.
- Eco-friendliness: Faux wood garage doors are far more environmentally friendly than real wood garage doors.
- Attractiveness: High-quality composite wood garage doors are so adept at simulating the beauty of real wood that many people have difficulty telling them apart.
Cons of Wood Composite Garage Doors
Consider the following disadvantages of wood composite garage doors:
- Natural beauty is lacking: Wood composite garage doors may resemble wood, but they cannot compete with the natural beauty of real wood garage doors.
- Vulnerable to cracks and paint chips: Due to wear and tear, wood composite garage doors can crack and the paint finish can chip over time.
Design Your Door with New England Overhead Door
Are you looking for an expert to install a garage door for your home? For almost 60 years, New England Overhead Door has been installing garage doors. To provide our customers with quality service and expertise, our experienced and highly trained personnel stay up to date on the newest techniques and use the best tools for our projects.
Our website has a price list for any kind of garage door service you need, whether it’s a replacement, repair, or diagnostics. We’re also accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week for any emergency repairs you may require because we recognize that door malfunctions can occur at any time of day or night.
contact us right away to discover more about what New England Overhead Door has to offer!